Jesus’ teachings were often clothed as questions. Of his many questions, I’ve chosen thirty for your reflection. I am posting them without citing the scripture references so you will confront them personally—let them meet you where you are right now. The questions are his; the answers are yours.
For the next five days we will take a bite out of this apple; six questions per day.
Questions Jesus Asks (1)
He sent his one and only Son into the world
so that we could have life through him.
—1 John 4:9
- Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
- Doesn’t life consist of more than food and clothing?
- Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?
- If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?
- Why are you harboring evil thoughts?
- Is your heart hardened?
This new day can bring new beginnings.
[To be continued]