Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
There are at least five areas of detachment that interrupt human relationships.
- Distance detachment—an airport goodbye, where a tearful beauty clings to her deployed soldier sweetheart.
- Death detachment—a graveyard grief, where the goodbye seems so final.
- Social detachment—one remains in the old hometown while the other ascends to high social rank in the big city.
- Marital detachment—one becomes absorbed in personal interests while the other grows lonely in isolation.
- Moral detachment—companions of common interests drift apart as one grows more spiritual while the other becomes more secular.
The separation is often painful.
But there is one relationship that is solid: “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” Not trouble, hardship, death—“nor anything else in all creation” (Rom 8:35–39).
God will never let you down.