No one who gossips can be trusted with a secret.
“Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business” (1 Thes 4:11).
- Gossip doesn’t bother most folks—as long as it’s about someone else.
- Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier’n puttin’ it back in. —Will Rogers
- Be slow to believe what you hear about others—and even slower to repeat it.
- Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” —Sean Covey
- Gossip is a nasty poison that kills relationships.
- Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you. —Spanish proverb
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Never give a person cause to regret having shared a confidence with you.
“Watch yourself, lest you be indiscreet and betray some vital information” (Prv 5:2).
Don’t say behind their back
what you would not say to their face.