[B]e transformed by the renewing of your mind.
You are living well . . .
- When you scrap pessimism, realizing that negative thoughts never produce positive results.
- When you refuse to allow an event—“I failed”—to become an identity—“I’m a failure.”
- When you reject the impulse to let your attitudes and actions be dictated by the attitudes and actions of others.
- When you don’t get so wrapped up in what you are against that no one knows what you are for.
- When you refuse to poison today by worrying about tomorrow.
- When you “cast all your anxiety on [God] because he cares for you” (1 Pt 5:7).
- When you learn from your past, but turn thumbs down on letting it define your future.
To be happy in the present you have
to give up any hope for a better past.