We have put our hope in the living God.
—1 Timothy 4:10
In the first sentence of his letter to Timothy, Paul points to “Christ Jesus our hope.” And in the first sentence of his letter to Titus, he cites our “hope of eternal life.”
Our hope is not a pie-in-the-sky fantasy that may or may not come true—it is our confidence in a sure thing.
Hope is a super vitamin:
- When we are exhausted by life’s demands, hope gives us renewed energy.
- When we are discouraged, hope lifts us out of the pit.
- When we are tempted to give up, hope keeps us going.
- When we are forced to wait, hope gives us patience.
- When we think everything is in shambles, hope tells us that God is in control.
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful” (Heb 10:23).
Hope reminds us that
Spring follows Winter—every year.