Each one should use whatever gift
he has received to serve others.
—1 Peter 4:10
You are living well . . .
- When you “look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others” (Phil 2:4).
- When you nourish your faith, confident that when you feed faith, fear starves.
- When you avoid procrastination, aware that you never finish what you never start.
- When you embrace today as a new beginning, recognizing that yesterday died last night.
- When you control your emotions, mindful that your mood is not determined by circumstances, but by how you react to circumstances.
- When you realize that something needs to be done that won’t be done unless you do it.
- When you comprehend that happiness comes not from the goods you have, but from the good you do.
Happiness is not a destination;
it’s enjoying the journey.